Steven E. Schend was born in 1967 and his childhood was heavily fantasy-influenced. He previously worked as a teacher, a street sweeper, a curb builder and a landscaper before gaining employment in fantasy, where he has worked for over fifteen years. Former game designer and editor for TSR, Inc., Wizards of the Coast, Bastion Press, Green Ronin, and Goodman Games; former substitute teacher in Washington and Wisconsin;
Currently an adult instructor of World Building for Writers and Game & Adventure Design workshops/seminars; also teaching college classes at various venues, including Kendall College of Art & Design. He claims his favourite role is as spokesperson for the denizens of the Forgotten Realms.
He is also currently working on a novel in his "Vanguard" universe and a non-fiction World-Building book for writers.
- Lands of Intrigue, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- The Fall of Myth Drannor, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Sea of Fallen Stars, 2nd edition sourcebook.
- Undermountain: The Lost Level, adventure.
- Undermountain: Maddgoth's Castle, adventure.
- Undermountain: Stardock, adventure.
- City of Splendors, 2nd edition, with Ed Greenwood
- Steven E. Schend (July 2006). Blackstaff (Mass Market Paperback). Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0786940165.
- Steven E. Schend (September 2008). Blackstaff Tower. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-4913-9.