|Aliases||Storm Horn Mountains|
|Inhabitants of the Storm Horns|
|Locations in the Storm Horns|
|Organizations in the Storm Horns|
|Settlements in the Storm Horns|
The Storm Horns is the name given to the mountains that mark the western and northern frontier of Cormyr. They are wild and untamed, the cliffs and crags teeming with monsters. When the extra-dimentional city of Grodd[as of when?] was drawn closer to the Prime Material Plane, gates started to open and close in these mountains.
The mountains form an unbroken line of jagged peaks except for High Horn Pass and Gnoll Pass, the only easy routes, both of which are defended by Cormyr. They are inhabited by dragons and tribes of humanoids, and some orc survivors of the attack on Arabel have made their home in the eastern Storm Horns and the flatland beneath.
Places of InterestEdit
As of 1372 DR there were two human settlements in the mountains: Eagle Peak and Skull Crag. These settlements are usually bounded behind log palisades to protect them from the dangers outside. In recent times[as of when?] the ravaging armies of the Goblin Wars have resulted in many of these settlements being deserted.
- Eagle Peak
- A small hamlet and popular caravan stop.
- High Horn
- A large military hold near to the peak of the same name.
- Skull Crag
- A small mining community.
These mountains were once home to several strongholds of an ancient goblin empire. The empire fell to dwarven attacks, long before humans appeared in Cormyr. The tribes of the mountains in present-day Faerûn occasionally launch raids, although some have learnt to trade peacefully.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 117. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Steve Miller (2000). Into the Dragon's Lair, p. 6. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1634-6.
- Sean K. Reynolds, Steve Miller (2000). Into the Dragon's Lair, p. 26. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1634-6.
- The Storm Horns in 1372 DR.
3rd Edition D&D