The foul swamp was located just south of Goldenfields, and its waters were fed from the River Dessarin. This also made the bog a convenient body disposal site for killers, thieves, and dishonest Waterdhavians.
There were many rumors of buried treasure in its murky waters, but fortune hunters needed to beware the denizens who haunted the dark marsh. Like the sewerm, a large water snake, which hunted the foul waters of the Stump Bog.
Stump Bog was named after the many rotting stumps rising out of the green algae covered waters.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 176. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). City of Splendors (Monstrous Compendium). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 slade, Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend, Paul Jaquays, Steve Perrin (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (The Wilderness). (TSR, Inc), p. 50. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ slade (April 1996). The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier (Cities and Civilization). (TSR, Inc), p. 8. ISBN 0-7869-0391-0.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Ed Greenwood and Steven E. Schend (July 1994). “Campaign Guide”. City of Splendors (TSR, Inc), p. 23. ISBN 0-5607-6868-1.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc), p. 78. ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.