Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sunset Mountains were a pair of mountain ranges separated by the Far Hills. Together with the Far Hills, they formed a high, almost impenetrable barrier between the Eastern and Western Heartlands, as well as forming the eastern edge of Sunset Vale.
These mountains were home to a large number of evil tribes and savage humanoids. Several small dwarven clans also lived in this region. The dwarves were very secretive about the exact location of their homes. Most of these dwarves traded in the town of Easting. The other humanoids were the yeti, gnoll, ogre, and drow races. One white dragon had been recorded in Sunset Mountain history.
- The Far Hills
- These hills divided the Sunset Mountains into two sections.
- Winds Walk
- The main road to get to the Sunset Mountains, it was usually a clear, windy, dry, hot, mountainous road. It was usually clear from monsters.
- Ice Caves
- The Ice Caves were where the yetis, ogres, and gnolls normally lived. Only through the occasion of the Dark Alliance did they spread to hound the Winds Walk and Mount Burning Eye. In the Ice Caves, there were also displacer beasts and their masters, frost giants. The white dragon Ciraxis had its lair in the Ice Caves and was the ruler of all trouble in Easting.
- Mount Burning Eye
- The highest mountain in the Sunset Mountains, once yetis, ogres, and gnolls hounded the mountain and prevented the dwarves of Easting to call for help. The dwarves that did make it to the top were killed by a white dragon. Will-o'-wisps and wolves occasionally strayed onto the paths of the mountain.
- Easting and the Dwarven Mines
- A dwarven mining camp village, this was a place where dwarves came together to trade, once the signal fire on Mount Burning Eye was lit a certain way. Easting was almost destroyed by drow who attacked during the Dark Alliance crisis; however, the drow were trapped in the Dwarven Mines and then pushed back to the Underdark and never bothered Easting again.