This duchy contained a large portion of the Forest of Mir in its southern portions. It was bordered by the Omlarandin Mountains in the east and the River Ith in the north. It neighbored County Monteshi of Ankaram to the west. The Ithal Road passed through the duchy.
In 1370 DR, the Lord Just Chancellor, Duke Tardeth Llanistaph, former hero of the Company of Eight, controlled Suretmarch officially from his ducal seat at Veaddakar, but that manor was under reconstruction during that year, so the duke spent most of his time at Faerntarn or in Saradush.
- This fortress-abbey dedicated to The Triad guarded the fork at the end of the Ithal Road.
- The Forest of Mir
- This dangerous forest was full of monsters and was the border between Calimshan and Tethyr.
- Ithal Pass
- This fortified town was the last point of defense against Teldorn Darkhope after that Dark Tyrant sacked the nearby city of Kzelter in 1370 DR.
- This town was famous for falling to the Knights of the Black Gauntlet in 1370 DR.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 1. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr. (TSR, Inc.), p. 89. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 157. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book One: Tethyr (back cover). (TSR, Inc.). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
Duchy of Cape Velen: Firedrake • Fyraven • Greenshores ~ Duchy Noromath ~ Duchy Durmista
Principality of Ankramir
Duchy Kamlann: Starspur • Uluran ~ The Purple Marches: Vintor • Bardshyr • Elemetar ~ Duchy Ankaram: Calimmon • Monteshi
The Crown Lands
Ithmonn • Rivershire • Varyth • Spellshire
The Golden Marches: Valashar • Hazamarch • Morninggold ~ Duchy of Suretmarch: Alonmarch • The Mir Protectorate • Surkazar