|Type||+3 Force keen elven longbow|
Heartseeker was a beautifully crafted elven longbow +3 made of polished wood. The elven craftsmen made the bow so strong even stone cannot scratch the marvelous wood, and the deep finish of its polish can be returned by a single brush of the hand.
|“||Catti-brie spotted a better target. She swung the bow toward the back of the ship and sent a silver arrow streaking down. It blasted into the arm of the catapult, cracking the wood.||”|
|— R.A. Salvatore, The Halfling's Gem|
The bow was also accompanied by the Quiver of Anariel, which contained twenty +1 alchemical silver arrows which never ran out. When an arrow was fired from Heartseeker, it became a whistling streak of silver light. Arrows launched from Taulmaril could easily bury themselves halfway into stone leaving a burned scorch mark. After a few minutes, arrows fired from Taulmaril magically dissolved, which caused a minor hissing sound.
Originally the longbow was a gift from Lady Anariel, Sister of Faerûn, to Clan Battlehammer, but in 1356 DR, the Companions of the Hall entered the ruins of the Hall of Dumathoin in Mithril Hall and Regis found the bow hidden in a gap in the stone wall. Later, Catti-brie gave Taulmaril to Drizzt Do'Urden after she was injured in 1370 DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Thomas M. Costa. The Lone Drow: Companions of the Hall. Archived from the original on 2008-04-24. Retrieved on 2011-11-02.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2003). The Thousand Orcs (Mass Market Paperback), p. 296. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0786929801.
- ↑ Thomas M. Costa. The Lone Drow: Companions of the Hall. Archived from the original on 2008-04-24. Retrieved on 2011-11-02.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Dale Donovan, Paul Culotta (August 1996). Heroes' Lorebook, p. 32. TSR, Inc. ISBN 0-7869-0412-7.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 R.A. Salvatore (January 1989). Streams of Silver (Paperback), p. 287. TSR, Inc. ISBN 0-88038-672-X.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (September 1993). The Legacy (Paperback), p. 184. TSR, Inc. ISBN 1-56076-640-9.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (January 2007). The Hunter's Blades Trilogy Collector's Edition (Hardcover), p. 813. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 978-0786943159.