Although in appearance each port was an independent and self-ruling state, rival to each other and never cooperating in anything, in reality all ports were under the thumb of Orlarrakh, the Green Duchess, who in turn was a vassal of the ruler of Melabrauth.
The Dusk Ports were located on the western shore of the Dragon Sea.
- Dusklan—A city of racial diversity that harbored escaped slaves, if only to use them as sacrifices to Orlarrakh.
- Lylorn—The dominant Dusk Port as of 1479 DR. Lylorn boasted the most far-reaching trade network and the most aggressive sailors.
- Marrauk—A bleak and wind-scoured city in an equally desolate hillside, it featured a busy shipping trade and a fiercely defiant government.
- Mreyelundar—A city of lawlessness and home of the strange Order of the Dawn. It was the most actively anti-draconic of the five cities.
- Tarsith—A calm fishing community known for their exports of rock crabs and fine sailing equipment.
- Dauna Lorastur, the ruler of Marrauk in 1479 DR.
- Nandrel Gostur, one of the richest persons in the Dusk Ports and a head member of the Shadowkiss in 1479 DR.
- Narnorn, a legendary thief in Mreyelundar.
- Rhauron, a notorious individual who lived in Tarsith in the 1480s DR.
- Rowan Babar, the leader of the Order of the Dawn in 1479 DR.
- Father Thorn, leader of the Scions of Amber in 1479 DR.
- Zasheena Drethyl, a head member of the Shadowkiss in 1479 DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 202. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 203. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood (August 2011). “The Winking Eyes of Rhauron”. Dungeon #193 (Wizards of the Coast), p. 69.
- ↑ Living Forgotten Realms, ABER4-1 The Price of Freedom adventure, page 16.