|“|| From Waterdeep and the Sword Coast to the jungles of Chult and the faraway lands of Thay, strange and powerful magics fill the Forgotten Realms. Ancient tomes, powerful spells, fearsome weapons—all these and more await adventurers who can overcome terrible dangers to wield great power.
Ed Greenwood, originator of the FORGOTTEN REALMS™ game world, and famous game designer Steve Perrin have spent many long days with Elminster of Shadowdale, perhaps the finest sage in the long history of Abeir-Toril. The result of all this work is in your hands; The Magister is a compilation of new spells and items for your FORGOTTEN REALMS™ campaign.
Some of the new magics described in The Magister were first published in numerous "Elminster" articles in DRAGON® magazine. The best of these, along with many new fabulous spells and items, appear in this volume
- Forward and Introduction
- How to Use This Book
- Magical Books of the Realms
- Magical Items of the Realms
- Miscellaneous Magical Items
- Rods, Staves, and Wands
- Creating Magical Items
This accessory contains a table listing all the new spells described in this publication and the Forgotten Realms Campaign Set DM's Sourcebook of the Realms with page numbers for reference. The inside front cover has an expanded Magic Items table (table III from the Dungeon Master's Guide 1st edition, page 121, or the Unearthed Arcana 1st edition, page 84) for integrating Forgotten Realms-specific items into the random treasure determination system.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Ed Greenwood, Steve Perrin (1988). The Magister (sourcebook). (TSR, Inc), p. 1. ISBN 0-88038-564-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood, Steve Perrin (1988). The Magister (sourcebook). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-564-2.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Steve Perrin (1988). The Magister (sourcebook). (TSR, Inc), p. 2. ISBN 0-88038-564-2.
- ↑ Shannon Appelcline. FR4 The Magister (1e). Dungeon Masters Guild. Retrieved on 2014-01-28.