The secret of survival ain't WHO you are, berk—it's what you know! — Planewalker adage
Feeling overwhelmed by the infinite possibilities of the multiverse? Wondering how to role-play a tiefling, what spells to memorize, and how to manipulate portals? Here's the dark of it: The Planewalker's Handbook is the essential manual for survival on the planes—a Player's Handbook for the Planescape™ setting! This 160-page book, written for players and Dungeon Masters alike, builds on material from the Planescape Campaign Setting boxed set, presenting new information crucial to anyone playing or running a Planescape campaign.
This definitive full-color guide features new illustrations by DiTerlizzi and contains:
• all the information needed to create and customize characters, including new races, archetypes, proficiencies, equipment, and a Planewalking kit designed for each character group;
• a taste of the multiverse: a look at each of the planes, with commentary and helpful hints by noted planewalker Tarsheva Longreach;
• a guide to planar travel, from portals to conduits to the Great Paths;
• tips on surviving and profiting in Planescape campaigns, from dealing with specific races to the rundown on the factions of Sigil;
• an overview on how magic really works (or doesn't!) on the planes;
• new spells and magical items useful in exploring (and surviving) the planes; and
• a special section on the power of belief, and how it can change the multiverse—including a new rules system that allows player characters to actively affect the planes around them!