The Thornwood, or Thorn Wood, was a forest by the Lake of Steam.
- Lair of Vaxall: Said to be hidden in the deepest and most dangerous part of the wood, this beholder lair was thought to belong to Vaxall of the Dying Gaze.
Rumors and LegendsEdit
- There was a legend that every ten years, in a particular grove in the forest, the Green's Sword would sprout and could be claimed by anyone using it to fight evil.
- Rumors of ancient repositories of elven magic and treasure from the time of Thearnytar never died down, though whether they were left by moon elves or dark elves was debated.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend, cartography by Diesel (1997). Lands of Intrigue (Map of Lands of Intrigue). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition (map). (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue. (TSR, Inc), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Steven E. Schend and Dale Donovan (September 1998). Empires of the Shining Sea. (TSR, Inc), p. 144. ISBN 978-0786912377.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 152. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
|This Realmslore article about a geographical location is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|