The Thunder Blessing, also known as the Thundering, occurred in the Year of Thunder, 1306 DR, and was the dwarven god Moradin's gift to his people which dramatically increased the reproductive rate of dwarves. Moradin called a council of the dwarven pantheon to find a way to increase the number of dwarves. The council decided to split each existing soul into two when they were reincarnated. After the Thunder Blessing most dwarven births were twins.[note 1]
- ↑ The Grand History of the Realms says that nearly one in five dwarven births resulted in twins, either identical or fraternal, which is clearly not "most".
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 10. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 134. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (July 2012). The Gilded Rune (Kindle ed.). (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 1625. ISBN 0786960302.
- ↑ Lisa Smedman (July 2012). The Gilded Rune (Kindle ed.). (Wizards of the Coast), loc. 651. ISBN 0786960302.