Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Transitive Planes is a collective term used to describe those planes of existence that connected other planes together, or could be used as a means of travel between points on a single plane. The various cosmology models each described them differently and ascribed them slightly different traits, but all were accessed by either magic spells, spell-like abilities, or portals. The known Transitive Planes were:
- The Astral Plane, which later became the Astral Sea
- The Ethereal Plane, which was destroyed by the Spellplague
- The Plane of Shadow, which later became the Shadowfell
- The Spirit World, which only connected to Kara-Tur
Each had their own unique structure and means of travel, and each connected a different set of planes together.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 147. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 45. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 165. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 206. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.