Transitive Planes is a collective term used to describe those planes of existence that connected other planes together, or could be used as a means of travel between points on a single plane. The various cosmology models each described them differently and ascribed them slightly different traits, but all were accessed by either magic spells, spell-like abilities, or portals. The known Transitive Planes were:
- The Astral Plane, which later became the Astral Sea
- The Ethereal Plane, which was destroyed by the Spellplague
- The Plane of Shadow, which later became the Shadowfell
- The Spirit World, which only connected to Kara-Tur
Each had their own unique structure and means of travel, and each connected a different set of planes together.
- ↑ Monte Cook, Jonathan Tweet, Skip Williams (July 2003). Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 147. ISBN 0-7869-2889-1.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 45. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 165. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan (September 2001). Manual of the Planes 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 206. ISBN 0-7869-1850-8.