Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
When cast, the caster and all the caster's clothing and accouterments changed into a live tree or shrub, or a dead trunk with only a few dead limbs. While in tree form the caster could not move, but could see and hear all that took place in the immediate environment, just as if the caster were standing there normally. The transformation passed all mundane tests and the closest scrutiny, but detect magic registered faint transmutation magic.
While in tree form, the transmutation version of this spell conferred additional natural armor to the caster and made it impossible for a single blow to do critical damage.
The newer version of tree shape required the use of the caster's holy symbol or divine focus as well as the usual verbal and somatic components. The older alteration version also required a twig from a tree.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 296. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 29, 215. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 41, 273. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 153. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 187. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), pp. 25, 58. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 215. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 David "Zeb" Cook (April 1995). Player's Handbook 2nd edition (revised). (TSR, Inc.), p. 273. ISBN 0-7869-0329-5.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Gary Gygax (1978). Players Handbook 1st edition. (TSR, Inc.), p. 58. ISBN 0-9356-9601-6.