After the Battle of Icewind Dale in 1351 DR, few tribe members were left, forcing women to scavenge for food on the tundra. Drizzt Do'Urden occasionally left slain reindeer where the tribe could find them. 
Wulfgar assumed control of the tribes after being released form the servitude of Bruenor Battlehammer and extensive training by Drizzt. He convinced his tribe to join forces with the men of Ten-Towns against the army of Akar Kessel, wielder at the time of Crenshinibon. With the help of the barbarians they were successful. Thinking of what might be best for his people, he split the tribe into two groups. One remained in Icewind Dale, led by Revjak, the other followed him to the south where his adoptive father Bruenor Battlehammer had reclaimed his childhood home Mithral Hall. They lived in a town called Settlestone. Originally a Dwarven town they rebuilt it after two hundred years of its vacancy. They lived a prosperous life working as traders and merchants for the dwarves. 
In 1485 DR, the Tribe of the Elk had been led by Jarund Elkhardt for two decades. He cared little for the Ten-Towns but struggled to name an heir when his own son, also named Jarund, was killed by a bear.
- Wulfgar, son of Beornegar 
- Beornegar, son of Beorne 
- Heafstaag, son of Hrothulf, son of Angaar 
- Revjak, son of Jorn 
- Kierstaad, son of Revjak 
- Bruenorson, son of Wulfgar 
- Berkthgar, son of Beothgin 
- Jarund Elkhardt 
- Mjenir Tormhaalt
- Hengar Aesnvaard
- Soren Arnsfirth
- Hedrun Arnsfirth
- Alfarin, father of Hrolf (Wulfgar reincarnated)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Philip Athans (2008). A Reader's Guide to R. A. Salvatore's the Legend of Drizzt. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 90. ISBN 0-7869-4915-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Template:Cite Book/Passage to Dawn
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 R.A. Salvatore (February 2011). “To Legend He Goes”. The Collected Stories: The Legend of Drizzt Anthology (Wizards of the Coast), p. 359. ISBN 978-0-7869-5738-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 R.A. Salvatore (January 1988). The Crystal Shard. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-88038-535-9.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 R.A. Salvatore, Jeffrey Ludwig, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (November 19, 2013). Legacy of the Crystal Shard (Campaign Book). (Wizards of the Coast), p. 38. ISBN 978-0-7869-6464-2.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Philip Athans (2008). A Reader's Guide to R. A. Salvatore's the Legend of Drizzt. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 91. ISBN 0-7869-4915-5.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (March 2014). Night of the Hunter. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 118. ISBN 0-7869-6511-8.