These massive dinosaurs had a bony plate on their six-foot-long skull for defense, with two long horns on the top and a shorter horn at the nose. Their bodies extended for about 25 feet (7.6 kilometers), and they weighed around ten tons (nine metric tons).
Triceratops had especially short tempers for herbivores, and would charge, trample, and skewer any creature invading their territory. When defending their young, they were intelligent enough to form a circle around them, horns facing outwards.
A triceratops could trample creatures smaller than it; it would gore anything else.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 79–80. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 61. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 James Lowder, Jean Rabe (1993). The Jungles of Chult. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 1-5607-6605-0.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 James Lowder, Jean Rabe (1993). The Jungles of Chult. (TSR, Inc), p. 20. ISBN 1-5607-6605-0.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, Will Doyle, Steve Winter (Sep 2017). Tomb of Annihilation. In Michele Carter, Scott Fitzgerald Gray eds. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 32. ISBN 978-0-7869-6610-3.