Troy Denning (b. 1958) is a fantasy and science fiction author of the New York Times bestselling novel Waterdeep (1989), which he wrote with Scott Ciencin under the pseudonym Richard Awlinson. Other notable works are Dragonwall, Pages of Pain, and The Parched Sea. He is also known for his work on the epilogue to the Avatar trilogy, Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad.
A former editor and game designer, one of his more notable games is the AD&D game Dark Sun, which he also wrote about in the Prism Pentad, a series of five novels. He is also the author of a number of Star Wars Legends novels.
He enjoys outdoor activities, practices martial arts, and currently lives in Wisconsin.
- Dragonwall Book 2/3 (Aug 1990)
The Twilight Giants trilogyEdit
- Co-authored with Ed Greenwood
Lost Empires seriesEdit
- Faces of Deception Book 2/4 (Nov 1999)
Return of the Archwizards trilogyEdit
Realms of Shadow (anthology)Edit
- "Darksword" (short story) (Mar 2002)
- The Sentinel Book 5/6 (Apr 2014)
- Allen Varney (March 1998). “ProFiles: Troy Denning”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon #245 (TSR, Inc.), p. 112.