|Title(s)|| Lady Luck |
The Lady Who Smiles
Our Smiling Lady
|Symbol||Silver coin with Tymora's face surrounded by shamrocks|
|Power level||Intermediate deity|
|Favored weapon||A spinning coin (shuriken)|
|Portfolio|| Adventurers |
|Domains|| Change, Luck |
Formerly: Chaos, Good, Protection, Travel
|Worshipers||Adventurers, gamblers, Harpers, Lightfoot halflings, and rogues|
|Worshiper alignment(s)|| |
|Channel divinity prayer|| Favor of Tymora |
Tymora (pronounced tie-MORE-ah ), or more commonly Lady Luck, is the goddess of good fortune. She shines upon those who take risks and blesses those who deal harshly with the followers of Beshaba. Should someone flee from her sisters' mischievous followers or defile the dead, their fate would be decided with a roll of Tymora's dice.
Commonly consisting of adventurers and others who rely on a mixture of luck and skill to achieve their goals, the Tymoran clergy encourages folk to pursue their dreams. They are also dutybound to aid the daring by providing healing and even some minor magic items.
Shrines and temples of Tymora are widespread as the need of adventurers to be healed making the temples wealthy. These places of worship often differ significantly from each other in powers, manners and titles though, with little overall authority or hierarchy. The temples provide potions, scrolls or other little things like glowstones, often as rewards to those who serve Tymora and her tenets well
Tymora resides in Brightwater realm at the "Quarter of the Great Wheel" - where games of chance, tests of luck and gambling abound.
- Fellows of Free Fate
- This is a special fellowship of clergy within the church of Tymora who have dedicated themselves to countering the efforts of Beshaba, and especially of the Black Fingers, her assassins. Any clergy member may join who shows experience, dedication to the cause and is vouched for by a senior Fellow.
- The Testers are fanactical followers of Tymora who take extreme risks in order to further the worship of the goddess.
- A heretical band of Tymorans who believe that all luck is the same and that mortals can influence luck.
One should be bold, for to be bold is to live. A brave heart and willingness to take risks beat out carefully wrought plans nine times out of ten. Place yourself in the hands of fate and trust your own luck. Bear and conduct yourselves as your own masters, showing your good or bad fortune as confidence in the Lady. Chase your own unique goals, and the Lady aids the chase. Without direction or goals, you soon know the embrace of Beshaba, For those on no set course are at the mercy of misfortune, which has no mercy at all.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 235. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Brian R. James. Backdrop: Cormyr, Dragon #365, p. 24. Wizards of the Coast.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 253. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Erik Scott de Bie. "Channel Divinity: Tymora" Dragon #388. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, June 2010.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb (March 25, 2010). Realms and Rememberance. Retrieved on 14 November 2010.
- Ed Greenwood (2001-02-07). The Gods of Faerûn. Ed Says. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2008-05-19. Retrieved on 2010-10-24.
- Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
Azuth • Bane • Bhaal • Chauntea • Cyric • Gond • Helm • Ilmater • Kelemvor • Kossuth • Lathander • Loviatar • Mask • Mielikki • Myrkul • Mystra (Midnight) • Oghma • Selûne • Shar • Shaundakul • Silvanus • Sune • Talos • Tempus • Torm • Tymora • Tyr • Umberlee • Waukeen
Akadi • Auril • Beshaba • Deneir • Eldath • Finder Wyvernspur • Garagos • Gargauth • Grumbar • Gwaeron Windstrom • Hoar • Istishia • Iyachtu Xvim • Jergal • Lliira • Lurue • Malar • Milil • Nobanion • The Red Knight • Savras • Sharess • Shiallia • Siamorphe • Talona • Tiamat • Ubtao • Ulutiu • Valkur • Velsharoon
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Intermediate Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|
|Deities of the Age of Humanity|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Major Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|