The Uldoon Trail was a road running through the Greenfields of the Sword Coast and Western Heartlands. It stretched eastward from Nashkel, through Greenest and Berdusk, before culminating in Asbravn.
The Uldoon Trail was the most direct connection between the roads heading east and the Coast Way running south, which made it a popular caravan route. It also intersected with the Dusk Road at Asbravn, Skuldask Road just south of Berdusk, and crossed the River Chionthar.
The Trail was named after the evil wizard Uldoon, who ruled the realm of Torsil in the lands between the Wood of Sharp Teeth and the Cloud Peaks around the 4th century DR. Uldoon was eventually slain by an unnamed paladin wielding the holy sword Dornavver, a tale recounted in the popular ballad "Uldoon's Doom".[note 1]
Locations along the Uldoon Trail included:
- ↑ Champions of Valor does not explicitly state the Uldoon Trail is named after Uldoon. However, since Uldoon's realm was situated in the same exact area as the Trail, this article assumes it is the case.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Map included in Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Ed Greenwood, Julia Martin, Jeff Grubb (1993). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition (revised), A Grand Tour of the Realms. (TSR, Inc), p. 86. ISBN 1-5607-6617-4.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Hoard of the Dragon Queen. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 6. ISBN 978-0786965649.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 226. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend, cartography by Diesel (1997). Lands of Intrigue (Map of Lands of Intrigue). (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.