|Title(s)|| The Bitch Queen |
Queen of the Depths
|Symbol||Blue-green wave curling left and right|
|Power level||Intermediate deity|
|Subservient deities||None known|
|Favored weapon||Drowning Death (trident)|
|Dominion|| The Deep Wilds |
Formerly: Fury's Heart
|Sphere(s) of influence||Sea|
|Portfolio|| Currents |
|Domains|| Sea, Storm |
Formerly: Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Water
|Worshipers||Coastal dwellers, sailors, sentient sea creatures, krakens, and weresharks|
|Worshiper alignment(s)|| |
|Holy day(s)||First Tide|
|Channel divinity prayer||None known|
Umberlee (pronounced uhm-ber-LEE ), also referred to as The Bitch Queen, is the evil sea goddess in the Faerûnian pantheon. She is most often worshiped by sailors or people traveling by sea, out of fear for her destructive powers. She controls the harshness of the sea and while reveling in her own power, is not hesitant to drown people, if she so pleases.
Umberlee once had a relationship with Iakhovas, variously described as a megalodon, wereshark or sharkwere. She even granted him immortality. However, their relationship fell apart, and she sought revenge on him.
Temples of Umberlee are few and far between, and the church is not well organized resting on Umberlee's nature of chaos where disputes are ruled in favor of the strongest individual. There are, though, shrines dedicated to her predominantly located at port-cities of the Sea of Fallen Stars and at Nelanther Isles. Here travelers by sea are sure to pay their tribute to her, and the preachings of her clerics are built upon the terrible fate that will fall upon any who do not bring a sacrifice to Umberlee. Clerics are available at these temples who, for a price, will travel with sailors to ensure no harm is inflicted.
- The very old kraken wizard, Slarkrethel, is a Chosen of Umberlee. He's also the leader of the Kraken Society.
Places of worshipEdit
Apart from the region around the Sea of Fallen Stars and at Nelanther Isles, Umberlee has places of worship at many ports. Among these are a temple in Urmlaspyr, Sembia and a small shrine in city of Marsember in Cormyr. others include:
- Water Queen's House – a temple in Baldur's Gate.
- Halls of the Sea-Born – a temple complex in Cimbar, Chessenta.
- The Queenspire – a temple complex fronting the harbor in Waterdeep.
- Priory of the Depths - a shrine complex north of Port Llast.
- Brynnlaw - a small temple on the island of Brynnlaw
Umberlee is strongly opposed to Selûne, whose stars guide navigators at sea, Valkur, who guides travelers safely home, Sune, whose beauty makes her green with envy, and Chauntea for her dominion over land.
Deities of furyEdit
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 235. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Logan Bonner. Domains in Eberron and the Forgotten Realms (PDF). Dragon magazine 378 p. 8.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition, p. 254. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons, p. 220. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Jason Carl (November 2001). Lords of Darkness, p. 154. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-1989-2.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Erik Mona (May 2002). Faiths and Pantheons, p. 83. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2759-3.
- ↑ Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn, p. 50. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (August 12th, 2008). The one and only "Ask the Realms authors/designers thread" 4. Retrieved on January 8th, 2009.
Azuth • Bane • Bhaal • Chauntea • Cyric • Gond • Helm • Ilmater • Kelemvor • Kossuth • Lathander • Loviatar • Mask • Mielikki • Myrkul • Mystra (Midnight) • Oghma • Selûne • Shar • Shaundakul • Silvanus • Sune • Talos • Tempus • Torm • Tymora • Tyr • Umberlee • Waukeen
Akadi • Auril • Beshaba • Deneir • Eldath • Finder Wyvernspur • Garagos • Gargauth • Grumbar • Gwaeron Windstrom • Hoar • Istishia • Iyachtu Xvim • Jergal • Lliira • Lurue • Malar • Milil • Nobanion • The Red Knight • Savras • Sharess • Shiallia • Siamorphe • Talona • Tiamat • Ubtao • Ulutiu • Valkur • Velsharoon
|Deities of the Era of Upheaval|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Greater Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Cyric | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Kelemvor | Lathander | Moradin | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Intermediate Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | |Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|
|Deities of the Age of Humanity|
|Ao the Overgod|
|Major Deities of Faerûn|
|Angharradh | Bane | Bhaal | Chauntea | Corellon Larethian | Garl Glittergold | Gruumsh | Horus-Re | Lathander | Moradin | Myrkul | Mystra | Oghma | Shar | Silvanus | Sune | Talos | Tempus | Tyr | Yondalla|
|Other Deities of Faerûn|
|Abbathor | Arvoreen | Auril | Baervan Wildwanderer | Berronar Truesilver | Beshaba | Callarduran Smoothhands | Clangeddin Silverbeard | Cyrrollalee | Deep Duerra | Deep Sashelas | Dumathoin | Erevan Ilesere | Flandal Steelskin | Gond | Hanali Celanil | Helm | Ilmater | Isis | Labelas Enoreth | Laduguer | Lolth | Mask | Mielikki | Nephthys | Osiris | Rillifane Rallathil | Sehanine Moonbow | Segojan Earthcaller | Selûne | Set | Sharindlar | Sheela Peryroyl | Solonor Thelandira | Thoth | Tymora | Umberlee | Urdlen | Vergadain|