|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
The Uskevren (meaning "too bold to hide" in some forgotten tongue) were a noble family of Selgaunt who lived primarily in Stormweather Towers. Their house badge was a gold horse-head-and-fouled-anchor. Their money originally stockpiled through piracy, the family was nearly destroyed in the 1330s DR by rival families who discovered their illicit means of money-making.
The only surviving family member, Thamalon Uskevren, rebuilt the family fortune by buying and selling land, and then began sponsoring common folk. The people of Selgaunt began to trust the Uskevren name again
- Shamur Uskevren, Thamalon's wife
- Thamalon "Tamlin" Uskevren II, Thamalon's foppish first son
- Thazienne "Tazi" Uskevren, Thamalon's daughter
- Talbot "Tal" Uskevren, Thamalon's son
- Thamalon Uskevren, Aldimar's son
- Phaldinor Uskevren, the founder of the Uskevren as a noble family
- Thoebellon Uskevren, Phaldinor's wastrel first son
- Roel Uskevren, Phaldinor's son
- Tivamon Uskevren, Phaldinor's son
- Aldimar Uskevren, Thoebellon's son
- Ilrilteska Uskevren, Aldimar's wife
- Perivel Uskevren, Aldimar's first son
Magical Items Edit
Throughout the years, when there was doubt if someone was truly an Uskevren, the family used a magical cup called the Quaff of the Uskevren. Enchanted long ago by Helemgaularn of the Seven Lightnings to keep revelers from stealing his mead, its enchantments were later altered so that only one of the blood of the Uskevren could touch it bare-handed and not be instantly burned.