Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This requires cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can.
|This article or section includes a list of references or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks in-text citations.
You can improve this article by introducing more precise citations.
The Uthgardt is a collective term used to refer to various human barbarian tribes who worship the deity Uthgar. Each tribe is named after a beast totem of Uthgar who mediates between the deity and his people. The Uthgardt are humans, often with black hair and blue eyes. They speak a dialect of Illuskan and are believed to be related to the Northlanders of Ruathym. No Uthgardt will willingly cut down a living tree.
Beast Totem TribesEdit
- Black Lion
- Black Raven
- Blue Bear
- Gray Wolf
- Great Worm
- Red Tiger
- Sky Pony
- Tree Ghost
- The Red Pony and Golden Eagle tribes vanished into the Underdark in 576 DR and have never been heard from since. Most assume them to be extinct. Before their disappearance, both tribes had attended the Uthgardt Runemeet and shared the One Stone ancestral mound with the Sky Pony tribe. Residents of the Underdark however, discovered their descendents, now grimlocks, living in and around the Cavern of Cloven Heads
The Uthgardt originally consisted of Northman raiders from Ruathym, Netherese Runlathan refugees, and various others who swore fealty to Uthgar Gardolfsson. They became the Uthgardt after their leader's death from wounds suffered in battle with Gurt, lord of the pale giants, in 123 DR. Individuals took up worship of the thirteen beast spirits that Uthgar had claimed to have tamed, and formed into tribes along this religious divide.
In 705 DR the mages of The Covenant used their magic to create an alliance between the disparate tribes of Uthgardt in order for them to stand united against coming orc and goblinoid hordes. The mages tasked them first with hunting down and killing orc chieftains to prevent hordes forming behind them. Their first major engagement was during the Goblin Wars of 753 DR. Then, while fighting an army of ogres, orcs and goblins in the Evermoors, the Elk tribe was almost wiped out defending Flintrock and the survivors descended into banditry. The alliance dissolved in 802 DR when it could no longer sustain the losses that it was taking.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 63. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Paul Jaquays (1988). The Savage Frontier. (TSR, Inc), p. 10. ISBN 0-88038-593-6.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 168. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1999). Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark. (TSR, Inc), pp. 54–55. ISBN 0-7869-1509-9.
3rd Edition D&D