Vegepygmies, also known as moldies, mold folk or mold men, were fungus creatures that lived in dark forests or underground, hunting for sustenance and spreading the spores from which they reproduced. They were spawned from dead humanoids or giants that were killed by a type of mold commonly known as russet mold.
Vegepygmies were typically a mouldy blue and white colour, their eyes were normally white and did not appear to have pupils, and naturally grew a dull brown topknot.
Vegepygmies were organized in simple tribal units, led by their elders, whom outsiders referred to as "chiefs". Chiefs bore spores which they could use to infect creatures the same way russet mold did. If a beast died infected by russet mold or a chief's spores, then a bestial moldie, known as a "thorny", would sprout instead.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Teos Abadia (April 2012). “The Ecology of the Vegepygmy”. In Steve Winter ed. Dungeon #201 (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 54–61.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 256. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 196–197. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ Template:Cite book/Tomb Of Annihilation
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Christopher Perkins, Will Doyle, Steve Winter (September 19, 2017). Tomb of Annihilation. In Michele Carter, Scott Fitzgerald Gray eds. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 195,203,234–235. ISBN 978-0-7869-6610-3.