Lord Venali Starym was clan heir of the Starym clan, holding the post while the proper heir, Josidiah Starym had left on a quest to find the lost Warblade of Cormanthyr (Josidiah was gone from 500 DR until 674 DR). He later served on the Council of Twelve as a House Lord of the clan.
Venali was the first son of Illitran Starym, who made a pact with Moander in order to fool the family Moonblade in 523 DR. When Illitran passed and Venali became House Lord, he took up the Moonblade, and wielded it for many years. During the Weeping War, he used the blade to teleport to safety when he was discovered by fiends in his family crypt, protecting his wealth. His cowardice and self-preservation abilities were imbued in the Moonblade. After the war, Venali removed to the Hullack Forest with his kin, where he died of a strange wasting disease, passing on the blade to his niece, Seldanna.
Venali's level is described as Fighter 13 in Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves, while in the The Fall of Myth Drannor (sourcebook), he is Fighter 11. It could be possible that he somehow lost his levels, though how is not specified. The entry for the Starym Moonblade from Volo's Guide to All Things Magical does not mention anything to do with level loss for a wielder.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 117. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1998). The Fall of Myth Drannor. (TSR, Inc), p. 7. ISBN 0-7869-1235-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd (1996). Volo's Guide to All Things Magical. (TSR, Inc), p. 115. ISBN 0-7869-0446-1.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend and Kevin Melka (1998). Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves. (TSR, Inc), p. 40. ISBN 0-7069-0761-4.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1998). The Fall of Myth Drannor. (TSR, Inc), p. 63. ISBN 0-7869-1235-9.