Veridon elevated the city of Lathery to enclave status in 3357 NY (−502 DR).
Lathery fished the Narrow Sea by using its mythallar to teleport fish (and anything else) that passed under the enclave into special cold storage chambers. By 3400 NY (−459 DR), Veridon had improved upon Lathery's fishing mythallar such that it could distinguish between certain creatures and send some to different holding tanks. In 3415 NY (−444 DR), Veridon developed the spell Veridon's storm, which was then used to refrigerate the storage chambers.
In 3426 NY (−433 DR), the ancient white dragon Wintercloak flew under the city and found itself teleported into one of the cold storage chambers. It tore itself free and broke out into the city streets, but was confronted by Veridon and the city's arcanists. Veridon and a dozen others were killed by the dragon's icy breath, before it was slain by the survivors.
Veridon was a mage who developed a number of spells based around cold and fog. These spells, their modern names, and years they were introduced were:
- 3369 NY (−490 DR): Veridon's ice wall (wall of ice)
- 3375 NY (−484 DR): Veridon's cloud (fog cloud)
- 3396 NY (−463 DR): Veridon's chiller (chill touch)
- 3399 NY (−460 DR): Veridon's wall (wall of fog)
- 3408 NY (−451 DR): Veridon's solidifier (solid fog)
- 3396 NY (−463 DR): Veridon's storm (ice storm)
- 3419 NY (−440 DR): Veridon's cone (cone of cold)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 79. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 28. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), p. 25. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.