Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Volo's Ratings System was the means by which Volothamp Geddarm ranked taverns, inns, shops, alleyways, and so forth in his well-known guidebooks. The categories were as follows:
Used to rate the quality of inns, which were defined as any establishment that rented beds to travelers. The rating took into account such things as decor, comfort, service, food, et cetera. The criteria did not include pricing.
Used to rate the quality of taverns, defined as any public establishment that serves alcoholic beverages. The rating took into account such things as atmosphere, watering of the drinks, service, decor, food (if any), et cetera. The criteria did not include pricing.
Used to rate the pricing of all businesses. The rating compared the general prices of goods or services against the average for the city/country/region in which the business operated. The rating did not relate to the quality of the goods or services offered.
Used to rate the dangerousness of alleyways, courtyards, et cetera. The rating took into account such things as crime rates and the general propensities of the denizens of the area in question.
- Ed Greenwood (1993). Volo's Guide to the North. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6678-6.
- Ed Greenwood (1994). Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 1-5607-6940-1.
- Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1993). Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 1-5607-6335-3.
- Ed Greenwood (January 1996). Volo's Guide to the Dalelands. (TSR, Inc). ISBN 0-7869-0406-2.