Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Waelan was spoken by the Ffolk of the southern Moonshaes, although by 1372 DR the majority of Ffolk in the Isles spoke the Illuskan language of the Northlanders who had invaded their native home.
There were two major dialects of Waelan, Proper (spoken in the Moonshaes) and Five Kingdoms (spoken in the Utter East). The two dialects were substantially different from each other as a result of their separation. Five Kingdoms Waelan was comparatively isolated by the Utter East's mountainous borders, yet also influenced by the Northmen settlers who'd accompanied the Ffolk and by corsairs and merchants from across south Faerûn and north Zakhara.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Thomas M. Costa (1999). “Speaking in Tongues”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon Annual #4 (TSR, Inc), p. 26.
- ↑ Reynolds, Forbeck, Jacobs, Boyd (March 2003). Races of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 106. ISBN 0-7869-2875-1.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Thomas M. Costa (1999). “Speaking in Tongues”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon Annual #4 (TSR, Inc), p. 28.
- ↑ Thomas M. Costa (1999). “Speaking in Tongues”. In Dave Gross ed. Dragon Annual #4 (TSR, Inc), p. 29.
- ↑ Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 35. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.