The wand was a black obsidian and iron rod topped with the skull of a human hero once slain by Orcus. It was considered a Major Artifact.
If wielded in melee the wand functioned as a +6 unholy chaotic heavy mace. If a non-outsider, or an outsider (except very powerful ones) touched the wand, there was a chance he or she would die immediately.
The wielder of the Wand of Orcus could call upon each of the following powers once per day:
- Abyssal night
- Bodak birth
- Call nightmare
- Clutch of Orcus
- Summon monster VII
- Wretched blight
The Wand of Orcus was once destroyed by Gareth Dragonsbane and party after they traveled to the Abyss and stole it from Orcus using advice from Saint Sollars. Bahamut directed them to the only method of its destruction, which was to immerse the wand in the black blood of Tiamat's heart.
After being destroyed in Tiamat's blood, the heart of the wand was left behind in the form of a small white gem. This gem was planted in the courtyard of Palace Dragonsbane in Bloodstone Village and grew into a tall white tree with golden leaves. The Tree-Gem of Bloodstone prevented demons from entering Bloodstone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Dungeon Master's Guide 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 227. ISBN 978-0786965622.
- ↑ Monte Cook (Oct 2002). Book of Vile Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 122. ISBN 0-7869-0672-3.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Eytan Bernstein (August 2006). Dragons of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 9. ISBN 0-7869-3923-0.
- ↑ Douglas Niles and Michael Dobson (1988). The Throne of Bloodstone. (TSR, Inc), p. 80. ISBN 0-8803-8560-X.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Douglas Niles and Michael Dobson (1988). The Throne of Bloodstone. (TSR, Inc), p. 82. ISBN 0-8803-8560-X.