The War of the Twins lasted for three years. Camden ultimately resorted to an alliance with the Ice Spire ogre tribe led by the shaman Goboka. To pay for their services, Camden, who at the time was childless, promised to give the ogres his firstborn daughter at the time when she came of age. Since daughters were rare in his family, he made this deal.
Camden and Goboka's strategy was to use a small band of ogres to pull out Dunstan's forces from their defensible position so that a larger allied force of humans and ogres could attack. The plan was successful, and Dunstan was defeated.
While Camden won the war and became king, he alienated many of his subjects in the process. Moreover, his wife soon gave birth to a daughter, Brianna. Despite marrying and divorcing many times, Camden could produce no male heir. When Princess Brianna reached adulthood in 1366 DR, the ogres demanded that Camden keep his promise, and he allowed them to kidnap her.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Troy Denning (September 1994). The Ogre's Pact. (TSR, Inc.), chap. 2. ISBN 1560768916.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Ray Winninger (August 1995). Giantcraft. (TSR, Inc), pp. 76–77. ISBN 0-7869-0163-2.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ray Winninger (August 1995). Giantcraft. (TSR, Inc), p. 81. ISBN 0-7869-0163-2.
- ↑ Ray Winninger (August 1995). Giantcraft. (TSR, Inc), p. 84. ISBN 0-7869-0163-2.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Troy Denning (September 1994). The Ogre's Pact. (TSR, Inc.), chap. 4. ISBN 1560768916.
- ↑ Dale Donovan (July 1998). Villains' Lorebook. (TSR, Inc), p. 70. ISBN 0-7869-1236-7.