The watch house was a base for the Wheloon Watch and also served as a barracks for the local Purple Dragons. Also a part of the building was the Wheloon Jail and an armory. Around thirty Dragons manned the watch house at a time, either hearing public complaints, guarding the jail, or sleeping. [note 1]
In the Year of Lightning Storms, 1374 DR, some prisoners of the Wheloon Jail, those who chose to repent and perform holy service in exchange for their sentences being commuted, were recruited to serve as temple guards for the new Temple of Mystra.
- ↑ Though not explicitly stated, the Wheloon Watch may safely be assumed to be based out of the Wheloon Watch House by its name. As a civilian volunteer force, they likely do not need to live at the barracks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ed Greenwood (1989). Waterdeep (adventure). (TSR, Inc), p. map. ISBN 0-88038-757-2.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ed Greenwood (July 1995). Volo's Guide to Cormyr. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 105, 107. ISBN 0-7869-0151-9.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 150. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Richard Baker, Bruce R. Cordell, David Noonan, Matthew Sernett, James Wyatt (2007). Cormyr: The Tearing of the Weave. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 10. ISBN 07-8694-119-7.