|This article requires cleanup. Reason: needs sections
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This article has been tagged since 20:38, December 24, 2016 (UTC).
The Wood of Sharp Teeth, formerly called the Glimmerwood, was a dense forest south of the Chionthar, southeast of Baldur's Gate and southwest of Scornubel. It was a wilderness except for Durlag's Tower on the forest's southern edge. Uldoon Trail was the nearest route to the forest. The forest contained the site of the ruined (as of 1374 DR) city of Vehlarr.
Supported by organic-rich soil, this forest was dominated by large specimens of moisture-loving trees such as swamp white oak, black willow, and green ash which tower over thick undergrowth.
As of 1434 DR, the forest had been renamed the Werewoods. Former Grand Duke Valarken was rumored to live there after his failed coup in Baldur's Gate. He and his lycanthropic followers were trying to rebuild Vehlarr. Ikhal, Valarken's lieutenant, was preparing to attack Baldur's Gate and invade it with his army of werewolves. This plan was later thwarted by the Flaming Fists who then kept a steady eye on the Werewoods and Valarken's lycanthrope army.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Thomas M. Reid, Sean K. Reynolds (Nov. 2005). Champions of Valor. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 62. ISBN 0-7869-3697-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 K. Steven Miller. The Search for the Circle of Vehlarr: Part 6. Wizards of the Coast. Retrieved on 2007-04-01.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, personal communication, 1988.
- ↑ Steven E. Schend (1997). Lands of Intrigue: Book Three: Erlkazar & Folk of Intrigue. (TSR, Inc), p. 24. ISBN 0-7869-0697-9.
- ↑ Rob Heinsoo, Logan Bonner, Robert J. Schwalb (September 2008). Forgotten Realms Player's Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 86. ISBN 978-0-7869-4929-8.