Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A wyvern was a large winged lizard with a stinging tail and sharp teeth. They had dark brown or grey bodies, around 15' (4.6 m) in length, weighing around a ton. They were not greatly intelligent although they did speak Draconic fluently. They were not averse to attacking anything less powerful than themselves. Their sleek, strong legs proved very useful for attack.[note 1]
Wvyern hide was used in bookbindings.
The wyvern's poisonous barbed tail could be used for poison darts.
- ↑ Although normally depicted with only two legs, some sources, such as the ADD comic "The Gathering", show wyverns with four legs like dragons. The scorpion-like sting on the tail suggests it is in fact a wyvern.
- ↑ Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 303. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 259. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 8. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Sean K. Reynolds, Jason Carl (November 2001). Lords of Darkness. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 102. ISBN 0-7869-1989-2.
- ↑ Michael Fleisher (December 1988). “The Gathering”. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons #1 (DC Comics), pp. 3–5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Kate Novak (November 1992). The Ring of Winter. (TSR, Inc), p. 145. ISBN 978-1560763307.