Queen Yenandra ruled Dambrath for 81 years and just began to show signs of age in her last decade. Sometime during this period, she contracted a disease or finally succumbed to one that confounded the clerics, and when it became clear that her days were numbered she voluntarily underwent the process of becoming a spectral guardian. Her daughter Hasafir performed the ritual along with several other drow sorcerers and then Hasafir assumed the throne in 1356 DR.
Yenandra's favorite horse was also transformed into a nightmare and thereafter the people of Dambrath would see her at night, riding silently through the land, her eyes giving off an eerie red glow.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 39. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Tom Prusa (1993). The Shining South. (TSR, Inc), p. 26. ISBN 1-56076-595-X.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 104. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.
- ↑ Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 104. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ Thomas Reid (October 2004). Shining South. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 105. ISBN 0-7869-3492-1.