Yhaunn (pronounced: /əˈhɔːn/ uh-HAWN) was a coastal city of Sembia built on an old quarry site.
The city was built on the site of an ancient quarry. Many great buildings in Selgaunt, Saerloon, Westgate, Alaghôn, Cimbar, and Velprintalar were built with Yhauntan stone.
In 1385 DR, during the Spellplague. the cliffs that surrounded the city broke away and became earthmotes, in the process killing tens of thousands of inhabitants.
The shadovar masters of Sembia helped the city recover and by 1479 DR it had even more residents than before the Spellplague.
Yhaunn and neighbors, circa 1367 DR.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 177. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb, Ed Greenwood and Karen S. Martin (1987). Forgotten Realms Campaign Set (Cyclopedia of the Realms). (TSR, Inc), p. 92. ISBN 0-8803-8472-7.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood (1990). Forgotten Realms Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 118. ISBN 0-8803-8828-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 190. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Don Bassingthwaite, Dave Gross (December 2005). Mistress of the Night. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 12. ISBN 0-7869-3346-1.