Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A zombie is an undead creature usually created by the re-animation of a corpse. Unlike animated skeletons, zombies still retain some flesh on their bodies, and give off a horrid, rank smell. They are almost mindless, but can be given simple commands, such as "kill anyone who opens the treasure chest." Virtually any solid creature can be turned into a zombie; in addition to humanoids, troglodytes, minotaurs, and even beholders can turned into zombies.
Zombies drag their feet and so do not leave clear prints.
Basically, a zombie is the corpse of a creature which has been animated by someone who can manipulate negative energy, such as a cleric. For example, a cleric would be able to use negative energy on a corpse and make it move its body, arms, legs, etc.
- Absorbing zombie
- Able to absorb damaging spells rather than taking damage from them.
- Acid zombie
- Nearly pure white with glistening skin and oozing acid.
- Ash zombie
- A zombie created from ash of the victims of the Mount Hotenow explosion. Usually Thayan magic in the creation.
- Bloodthirsty zombie
- These zombies drain blood with their bite.
- Corpse creature
- A zombie that retains knowledge and skills it possessed in life.
- Beholder zombie
- Sometimes called Death tyrants; zombified beholders which possess some of their deadly abilities.
- Diseased zombie
- These are carriers of the disease known as 'filth fever'.
- Fast zombie (or quick zombie)
- Moves much faster and can act more quickly than a standard zombie.
- Hunting zombie
- These hunt their prey by scent.
- Juju zombie
- Free-willed, sentient zombies often created from powerful curses or other fell magics.
- Tyrantfog zombie
- Priests of evil deities killed by other evil deities.
- Zombie dragon
- Created from dragons and retains some of their deadly abilities. Not to be confused with a dracolich.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 265–267. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (February 2002). Canticle. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 221. ISBN 0-7869-1604-4.
- ↑ Rudy Thauberger (October 1996). “The Dragon's Bestiary: The necromancer's armory”. Dragon #234 (TSR, Inc.), p. 57.
- ↑ Rudy Thauberger (October 1996). “The Dragon's Bestiary: The necromancer's armory”. Dragon #234 (TSR, Inc.), p. 55.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (July 2012). Neverwinter. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 0-7869-6027-2.
- ↑ Neverwinter (MMO)
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Sean K. Reynolds, Skip Williams, Rob Heinsoo (June 2001). Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 309–310. ISBN 0-7869-1836-5.
- ↑ Rudy Thauberger (October 1996). “The Dragon's Bestiary: The necromancer's armory”. Dragon #234 (TSR, Inc.), p. 56.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Matt Forbeck, Sean K. Reynolds (May 2003). Unapproachable East. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 66–67. ISBN 0-7869-2881-6.
- ↑ James Wyatt and Rob Heinsoo (February 2001). Monster Compendium: Monsters of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 85. ISBN 0-7869-1832-2.