For a few minutes, an area designated by the caster became a no-lie zone. Creatures within the area knew they were being compelled not to speak falsehoods, and could resist the spell, but those who could not resist could not lie for the duration of the spell. Note that affected creatures were not compelled to tell the truth; they could remain silent or evade questions as long as they were truthful.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 86,207–208,289. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 303. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 55. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 62. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 188. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.